Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ogden Demolition Derby

Over the weekend Eric and I met up with our aunt and uncle, cousins and friends at the demolition derby up in Ogden. We were celebrating the return of our good friend Dallas, who, single ladies....just graduated from law school. It was a RIOT!!! I hadn't ever been to a demolition derby, and I am now a HUGE fan! Not only is the derby itself entertaining, but the people watching is the BEST I've ever experienced!! Oh goodness!

Yes, Aunt Janis looks scared, but she's not. Really, this is just the picture of us all that isn't fuzzy.
The Crew: Uncle Allen, Aunt Janis, Audrey, Rachel, Micah, Rachel, Laura, B-Money, Jeremiah, Us, Brandon, and Dallas

One highlight: We got amazing seats at the derby, right down by the action. They had just wet the dirt so it was all muddy. The cars started going crazy and Jeremiah's darling date started laughing....with her mouth wide open. All of a sudden, her mouth was full of mud. Poor girl, I'm pretty sure that mud wasn't too sanitary, since I'm pretty sure the rodeos take place at the same arena. Anyway, it was pretty dang funny, and she was a really good sport!

7 comments:

Alison said...

Wow, that second picture is AWESOME! I've never been to a demolition derby, but we went to a monster truck rally and boy did we wish we had ear plugs! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

Nothing beats events like this. That's so funny her mouth got full of mud....haha! The sound of that makes me want to mud wrestle.....want to come?

Megano said...

Genius.... that's all I can say! I LOVE people watching... one of my favorite things... mud in the mouth, that's TOTALLY something that would happen to me... I must go to one of these events... GENIUS.

the end.

Megano said...

Genius.... that's all I can say! I LOVE people watching... one of my favorite things... mud in the mouth, that's TOTALLY something that would happen to me... I must go to one of these events... GENIUS.

the end.

Kayla R. said...

love it!!! how fun*

The Dally Llama said...

That was a good derby to have as your first. Great arena, good action, and pretty good people watching. The only thing cooler than tires exploding is when a fuel hose pops. Lots of flame when that happens.

I can't wait for Heber's b/c that usually has some of the best people watching of the year.

Great to see you guys again. We need to take a hiking/camping trip into the Uintahs some time this summer.

Kristen said...

It did sound like a lot of fun and I did get a kick out of the story.