Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And we're off...

I'm at someone's house, using someone else's computer. Don't worry, they told me I could use it. I'm upstairs from my husband's office, he's busy interviewing people and I just woke up from a nap. Oh the hard life of a mother ...hehehe. Reese is trying to sleep on a pretty red rug about 15 feet away from me but can't quite fall asleep. I heard her searching for her binky so I went to help her. The sight was fantastic, two chubby little legs raised high to the ceiling and that cute little diaper bum covered in bright green and white striped bloomers. That's all I could see - you see, Reese loves to pull her blanket over her face. I can't get enough of that little munchkin!!

So my day was eventful - I shopped at the Gateway for maybe 2 1/2 hours and luckily got no parking ticket (I parked in the 1 hour parking but kept checking my car every 45 minutes or so). I don't usually enjoy shopping, but today I did. There weren't many people there - must've been to early for the crowds. I strapped Reese onto my belly and off we went. I was walking past some stores and saw my reflection in the window to A Pea in the Pod (maternity clothes store). I saw Reese strapped to my belly and it reminded me of being pregnant, I had almost forgotten I had ever been pregnant (not sure how that happens but it does). It also made me happy that I gave birth to a 7 pound baby, not a 15 pounder.

I have never come to work with Eric before - not that I'm at work with him - but I did today because we are taking off to Tahoe right when he gets done at work. I'm excited. We're going to the coolest wedding I've ever heard of!! You may have heard of cooler, but not for my taste. Anyway, I'll be posting pictures from our wedding vacation when we get back. Happy Father's Day this Sunday to all you fathers out there. Especially to you Eric and you Dad. Eric you are the most amazing father to Reese, I get chills watching the two of you interact. And Dad, you know I love you and think the world of you. You're the best dad I could have ever asked for. I love you both!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Fathers day Eric and hope you guys have a great trip this weekend. Be safe and we look forward to seeing you guys when you get back...and uh, thanks for inviting us!;) Lov eya

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

Reese gets to eat baby food soon! yay!