Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MAY


I've always loved May. Mostly because May was always the end of school and beginning of summer break, which meant lots of school days full of parties, not a lot of homework, and classroom time spent visiting with your classmates and cleaning out your desks. Another reason is because both me and my sister have our birthdays in May!! Our May so far has been a good one.

I ran a 5k. Good since I've ran maybe 5 times since Ivan was born, 3 of those times being about a year ago. Rachel got me excited about signing up for it, but as soon as I started to train for it my "bad" ankle started hurting so I decided to stop. I still had intentions of going to the race but just walking. However, my ankle felt better the week of the race so the night before I decided I was going to run it. Eric and I went out and found me a new pair of running shoes and in the morning Eric dropped me and the kids off.

 Reese woke up 15 minutes before we left and Ivan had to be pulled out of bed, hence the sleepy faces. I did good at the race. I was able to run the whole way, and I actually finished quicker than I had planned.

We had our annual friends Cinco de Mayo party






And I turned 26!!! I thankfully remembered to renew my drivers license that morning, I read a good portion of a book I'm really into right now, "Heaven is Here", and then when Eric got home he took me and the kids to an Italian restaurant for a divine dinner and then to the Park City outlets to do some shopping. Eric themed my birthday gifts around survival this year. I got a gun and a filtering water bottle. VERY excited about both!!

Micah is good to be our photographer most the time. He always has his iPhone with him so when he takes pics he instantly emails them to me. Thanks Micah!! They came up for dinner and a walk last month. I love the picture of Reese asleep and Ivan snickering.

No comments: