Monday, December 6, 2010

Over the first 1 1/2 weeks or so Eric had to remind me not to leave Ivan lying on the floor or anywhere that isn't his bed/chair/swing, etc because he always almost mistakes him for Reese's doll and is afraid he'll kick him out of the way or something one day. It is true, he does look shockingly similar to a little doll. He is my living doll - oh he is adorable!

Having 2 kids can be somewhat overwhelming, especially when I'm running on little sleep, but MANY times a day I find myself overwhelmed with gratitude. It is surreal to think that I am responsible for 2 little angels. I love them like crazy - my love for Ivan, Reese, and Eric has grown a crazy amount. I feel so much more like a family with 2 kids. I'm not sure how to explain it. Maybe it is because now it isn't so easy to do most things by myself, like I would previously insist on doing most of the time. I've had to rely on Eric a ton to fill in where I can't or help one of the kids while I'm helping the other. It's been a cool transition. And it seems like all of us have grown closer, I should've been letting Eric help out more all along ;) Because he is eager to help, but I'm stubborn.

Here is perfection staring me in the face tonight while I was tucking Reese into bed. My little loves.

And as always, Reese insisted she smile big for a picture so she could then look at it on the camera's screen.

She has become SUCH a good sister. Whenever I'm feeding Ivan she grabs all the diaper supplies and brings them to me. She knows the routine. Ivan's crying doesn't seem to be scaring Reese anymore. Instead of running the other direction she goes to him and tries to fix the problem.

7 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

Where in the heck have I been!! I don't know how I missed all this. Congrats my girl! I am so happy for you. He's home and healthy and doing great. That is awesome! I hope you can get some sleep. I am still trying to do that too. haha

Lindsey S. said...

oh and the first time Matthew cried Bailey started to ball too. But that quickly changed as well. Really are girls are twins! Love it! And the having the see the camera after. Bailey will not let me take another one until she see's the picture I just took. Oh the technology they are growing up with.

Kristen said...

I can see how Eric would mistake him for the doll. He looks so tiny! I wish I could be up there to hang out and keep you company. I guess I will just have to wait 3 more weeks or so. You make such a good mom you are so laid back.

Jelissa said...

Nakita he is so so cute! Congrats!! That photo of the doll is so funny, he really is tiny! I'd mistake him too! I love seeing the photo's of your cute kid, and family!

Rachel said...

What cuties you have! We need to get together so I can see them up close!

Karly said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR CUTE NEW BABY! I have been on your blog multiple times to look at the cute pics but always forget to congratulate! He is just so precious.

Kim said...

Both your kids are so adorable! How fun! Congrats on your 2nd! Thats so exciting! :)