Here are the rules:
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tell 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Leave a comment to let them know.
I was tagged by Whitney! Thanks Whitters!
1. I like to finish off my bowls of cereal with my spoon. Even if milk is the only thing left. The slurping bugs Eric to death, so I'm working on trying to kick the habit.
2. Speaking of cereal, I can't eat Lucky Charms "normal". I have to eat all the cereal pieces, no marshmallows, first. If any slip in my mouth on the bottom of the spoon of something I keep a tab of the quantity of marshmallows that slip in. Then when I have only marshmallows left, I eat them by the spoonful but count everyone as I chew. Each chew counts as one count for a marshmallow. So if I have six marshmallows in a spoon, I chew whatever is currently in my mouth six times while I count the marshmallows (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), then I put that spoonful in my mouth. Then say the next spoonful has four mallows, I chew the marshmallows currently in my mouth four times (7, 8, 9, 10). Needless to say, I don't eat Lucky Charms if I'm in a hurry to get out the door in the morning.
3. I can't fall asleep if my hands, feet or lips are dry. So, I have lotion and chapstick by my bed at all times. I also tend to get antsy if the aforementioned body parts are dry or dry and hot during the day and it will almost drive me crazy until I get hold of lotion or chapstick.
4. I sing when I'm dirt biking or snowmobiling. Especially when I'm feeling a little nervous - the more nervous, the louder I sing. No one can hear me over the engines or through my helmet, and it helps me feel a little more confident about whatever I'm doing :) I also sing while snowboarding and biking, but just keep the volume down. In my next life, I'm going to have a be-a-utiful singing voice and then I won't worry about the volume at which I sing, I'll belt it out loud and clear for everyone to hear.
5. I can be the fastest eater ever!! I'm pretty sure the "skill" came from my obsession with being the first out to recess and my fear of disasters as a child. I though that if I ever got put into a concentration camp or something, I would be such a fast eater, that when the mean army generals gave me 10 seconds to eat my meal, I'd be able to finish it, this skill would save my life one day. The skill was embarrassing when dating because I'd always finish off my plate before my date, and then I felt bad because it maybe seemed like I was just waiting for my date to finish. It took a real man to be able to finish off his food before me....that is how Eric stole my heart ;) Just kidding. In my later years, I've decided that the likelihood of me being shipped off to a concentration camp is pretty slim. I've been teaching myself, for quite a few years now, how to slow down my eating, but it still takes a conscious effort. I have to think about cutting my food up, chewing slowly, and taking drinks during the meal. I've become pretty good at this, Eric almost always finishes before me :)
6. I love making lists or schedules. I like to set up budgets, exercise schedules, menus, to-do lists, daily schedules, grocery lists, packing lists for vacations, etc.
I tag (if you guys want) Lindsay Clyde, Kristen Sundell, Megan Griffin, Stephanie Stephenson, Liesl Warburton (if you ever read this ;)), Terra Naffziger, and anyone else who thinks it'd be fun.