Monday, November 8, 2010

November so far

Reese is HUGE into helping. She is always wanting to help cook, do laundry, clean, etc. The only reason I get to the dishes each day is because she insists that we unload and reload it. She gets on her little stool Eric made her and hands me the clean dishes. Whenever we finish a meal she grabs the dishes (sometimes before I'm even done eating), walks them over to the dishwasher, opens the dishwasher, and loads the dishes in. It is to die for cute. Here is a pic of her helping me make rolls the other day. She wanted to help roll out the dough, and of course had to keep tasting the flour :)
Isn't this apron so cute!?! It was mine when I was little, I believe my mom made it for me.

Reese had NEVER fallen asleep in her high chair before. I guess there is a first for everything. The other day, after having not slept very soundly the previous night, Reese was eating her lunch while watching one of her favorites, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (she refers to it as "feet shoes" because at the beginning the main character sprays some shoes onto his feet that he can't take off.) One minute she was watching it and the next she was out cold.

I've mentioned before that Reese sits up at the mirror while I get ready for the day. I obviously wasn't paying much attention to which makeup she was putting on her lips....she thought the mascara was lipstick - ha! I had Eric come in and take a look and he very lovingly said, "Reese, that isn't where it goes. Here let me help you put it where it goes." He took his finger and rubbed some of the mascara off of her lips and onto her eyelids. He then asked me, "that's where it goes right?" I had to tell him that it actually goes on your eyelashes but he was close.

The grocery stores around our house almost always give Reese a balloon while we are there. The other day I asked her if she wanted to let hers go in the sky. She said yes but then was really sad when we let it go. A couple days later she kept insisting that we take her balloon outside to go into the sky. Eric took her out and must have made it more fun than I did, in fact I know he did because at one point I looked out the window and she was sitting on top of the car watching it, because she enjoyed watching it float far away and continued to talk about it for the next couple of days.

Eric piled up the leaves the other day for Reese and her cousins to play in and boy did they have fun! Reese is lucky to have so many fun cousins and such a great daddy.

No comments: