Friday, January 21, 2011

Great Grandma Gwen


Grandma Gwen and Ivan got to meet for the first time a little over a week ago. Eric's parents were in town for Daniel going through the temple for the first time and for Ivan's blessing and stayed and Grandma Gwen's in Ogden. We made a few trips up there throughout the week to hang out with them and Eric's sister Kristen and her kids too (they stayed there most the week as well).

I always enjoy visiting with Grandma Gwen. She is full of wisdom and stories. I guess you're bound to be after living such a full life. She is such an example to me. Her husband, Moyle, died quite a long time ago. I think when Eric was in his pre-teens, so like 20-ish years ago. I can't imagine going on that long without the love of your life. But she has filled her life with good things, kept busy, and spent lots of time with her kids and grandkids. I pray all the time that Eric and I will die together when we are good and old, but if that doesn't happen, whichever one of us is left behind has Grandma's example to follow.

About 2 weeks ago Ivan really started to interact with us. I LOVE it! I thought it took a lot longer for a baby to reach these milestones, I must have forgotten, but he is totally smiling at and "talking" to us. And within the last few days started laughing. He is such a sweetie. He is also a people person. He would love to be held 100% of the time, and I'd love to hold him 100% of the time, but honestly I can't. There is Reese to play with, housework to do, food to prepare, and so on. Don't get me wrong, I do hold him a lot, and I LOVE that he loves snuggling with his mommy so much (I prayed for a snuggly baby), he is just so darn sweet! I can't get enough of him!

No comments: