Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baby Dada

A belated Happy Fathers' Day post. There are a lot of wonderful father's in my life. My dad, my father in law, my Heavenly Father, Great Grandpa Austin, Bob Remund, Greg Roberts, Greg Moffat, uncles, grandfathers, and others that have made impacts in my life as I've grown up. Happy Father's day to all the wonderful men out their who are fathers or have had fatherly impacts in others' lives.

I've always been really close to my dad, I always looked up and still look up to him and his example, and because of that I searched for a husband who I felt would also be a great father. I definitely succeeded!


To celebrate the love I have for my baby's (ies') daddy we left the wee one behind and went out on a date, just the 2 of us. We ate Macaroni Grill take-out at the park and then went dirtbiking up Hobble Creek. Romantic right? I'd say so. For some reason I always forget how much I love dirtbiking, I mean I remember that I like it, but I forget that I love it. Our ride was shorter than I thought it might be (seeing as one night we spent hours and hours up Hobble Creek canyon making our way towards Daniel's Summit unknowingly.) But it was great. Eric said, "I cut it a little short because I know it hurts you when you are pregnant." I said, "No, only near the end of my pregnancy." Well, his memory is better than mine, my tailbone and butt bones were so sore the next day. What a thoughtful man he is. Afterwards, we drove our sweaty and dirty little selves to Spoon It Up to enjoy some Peach Mango Tart frozen yogurt. Delish! I love making memories with Eric.
Eric, I'm so glad our kids have such a cool dad and because of that will get to experience a lot of things they may not have otherwise. There lives are going to be filled with fun and adventure, lots of love, wisdom, and a whole lot of loyalty because of you. I'm glad Reese calls out for you and searches the house for you a crazy amount of times everyday, it is quite the expression of her adoration for you. She adores you, I adore you, and I'm sure it won't be long until the bun in the oven adores you. Happy Father's Day to you!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Nakita - I just refound your blog. Unfortunately I lost all my links and I'm slowly getting everything back. Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you are feeling better and have some energy. Your family looks great. I've always thought your daughter is adorable.