Sunday, August 1, 2010

Last of the days at my parents

Eric and I are quick to act when we make a decision. We knew we were going to need to find a place before September but 1/2 way through July decided that we should look for a place to move by the beginning of August before all the students come back for fall and before I'm more pregnant (and less able to help lift things) and he is in school and working full time (meaning I'd be pretty much in charge of the move). The day we decided, we looked for places on line and then drove up to SLC to look at them. Well, the first one we looked at ended up being "the one". We got everything signed, the utilities switched over to our names and then moved everything in. It has been a whirlwind of constant moving, finding furniture, painting furniture, decorating, organizing, etc and we still aren't done. The last week definitely has been fulfilling as we've gotten everything (other than the few things we forgot) moved in, got the place furnished, got flooring taken care of, and most things organized into place. There is still a lot to do, all the nitty gritty details, but it's a lot of fun now.

We love the area, the yard, the close vicinity to any store you can think of (more on that later)but I am definitely missing the constant friends (my family)the dirt pit and pond for Reese to play in, the naked summer days (Reese, not me) in a fairly secluded backyard, and only making dinner 2 or 3 times a week :)





Camla celebrated her 14th birthday the last week we were living with them. Can I just say my dad is such a good dad. My mom was out of town for work (she was devastated about missing Camla's birthday) but my dad filled in perfectly. He made sure her day was full of fun and then took her camping/fishing/kayaking just the two of them. He's such a gem of a father!



Camla is one of my very best friends. You wouldn't know we were 10 years apart by the way we can chat it up and hang out. She is extremely thoughtful and is always concerned more with how other people are feeling than her own feelings, definitely WAY more selfless than I ever would have thought of being at her age. She loves on her nieces and nephew like there is no tomorrow and is such a good person. She gives me hope that even though my kids will be growing up in a world where sin is so acceptable, they can still be faithful and righteous people and rise above the filth.

1 comment:

Christianne said...

That is so special that you and your sister are so close! I have an older sister that is 10 years older than me and she is definitely my best friend. I'm glad you guys found a place. Can't wait to see pics when you are done moving things :-)